Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Very first post.

Here we go… my first post! I am very excited, now my madness will have a purpose. I find that I am completely obsessed with food, this really all I ever think about. Yes, I realize I have a job, a husband, 2 kids and a very full life, but I still think about food all the time. Cooking it, eating it, finding recipes, shopping… I mean, give me a nicely stocked grocery store or better a farm stand and I can get lost there.


Cooking is what I do when I am stressed, relaxed, tired, happy, sad, for fun, for chore, for any time of day and night. I bake when I am tired and angry… it relaxes me. I can’t wait to get home from work on Friday and start baking, when my husband walks through the door he knows exactly how bad my week been… stress equals sweets!

“Baking should never be rushed or stressed.” That what my mother used to say. “Relax and take your time, or you will end up with the cake in the garbage”.

There is something about the smell and feel of dough or batter, the predictability of what the ingredients will do when treated properly, the smell of spice and sugar and lemon… it whisks the day away.

I don’t know if anyone will ever read this blog, but I will cook and write about it and maybe even take pictures…. That reminds me, I need to start getting used to using the camera in the kitchen.



IM

No comments: