Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Planning for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is almost here and I have it all planned out.  As usual my husband has halved the menu, since I do tend to overcook and over plan.  As always, I did not get enough time to test most of the baking recipes, so there may be some unforeseen disasters.  Although this year I am going with true and trusted classics.  My menu is ambitious as always, but it is the best way I know how, to say I am really thankful for all the things I have in my life.

Here is my menu, I will let you know how it turnes out after the holiday.  Let me know what you are cooking?

Cold Appetizers:

Wild Washroom tart with pecorino shavings
Goat cheese and slow roasted tomato crostinis
Greek Eggplant dip
Asian pan fried shrimp
Home backed bread with herbed compound butter
Eggs deviled with harissa ( this one will need to be re-thought, as I cannot find harissa anywhere)

Hot Appetizer:

French onion soup

Main course:

Roasted Turkey stuffed only with herbs
Mashed Potatoes
Wild rice and fall vegetables
Hericot vert sauteed with garlic and red pepper
Carrot and Ginger Salad
Simple Tomato salad
Roasted Brussel sprouts with pecans and pomegranate molasses

Desert

Chocolate pretzel tartalettes (I am worried about these, I tested this recipe last night and let's just say "it needs work")
Tartaletts filled with lemon mouse and raspberries
Apple strudel
Profiteroles filled with hazelnut butter cream

I can't wait to get started!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummmm, can I come?;-)