Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thanksgiving Menu

My well deserved tropical beach break is over.  It was wonderful, just what I needed.  My body and mind rejuvenated with both vitamin “D” (from the sun) and vitamin “R” ( for “R”um).  I am now ready for my favorite past time, planning and cooking the Thanksgiving feast.  The hours spent on the beach did not go to waste, I read about food ( a lot), I worked on my menu and fought bravely for every item on the menu that my husband wanted to cut.
In the past I had themes for my Thanksgivings, I had French inspired menu, Mediterranean inspired, strictly American traditional, you get the idea.  This year’s dishes will be inspired by the “perfect bite” concept.  I will make fewer dishes, but each will hopefully be harmonies and complete. 
Below is the 2011 Thanksgiving Menu.  The next post will be after the holiday, where I will post the recipes for the most successful dishes or entertain you with tales of Thanksgiving disasters, or both. 

Happy Turkey day everybody!


Appetizers

Smoked Salmon Tartar

Chicken liver Mousse with Pickled red onion

Porcini and Pecan Pate

Focaccia with caramelized onions, pears and  
blue cheese

Goat cheese and herb stuffed mushrooms with  crispy tops

Homemade Mozzarella dressed with Anchovy pesto

Duck Confit with Onion jam and figs

Grilled eggplant and cucumber salad served in the Parmesan bowls



Main Course

Turkey with crispy apple cider skin served with black currant sauce

Fig and Fennel stuffing muffins

Root vegetables glazed with honey, cardamom and ginger

Watercress salad smoky roasted pumpkin and spiced pepitas

Hericot Vert sautéed with red pepper and almonds

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes with crispy shallots

Warm salad of Wheat berry with bacon and Chanterelle mushrooms


Desert

Mixed Berry tartelettes

Caramel swirl Pumpkin cheesecake bites dipped in chocolate

Spiced doughnut holes with blackberry dipping sauce

Caramel Chocolate tartelettes
 garnished with Sea salt

Pistachio and puppy seed cookies


Wine

A nice Chablis or Blanc de Blanc for the appetizer round

Pinot Noir for the main course

No comments: